The Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GHCC) is proud to partner with the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Office Depot to offer a grant opportunity for small businesses with less than 5 full-time employees.
ELEVATE TOGETHER™ powered by Round It Up America is a nonprofit initiative designed to address systemic discrimination and historical racial disparities in business growth and profitability in Black and Hispanic communities. Through a partnership with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the National Urban League’s Entrepreneurship Centers, the initiative helps support Hispanic and Black small businesses with five or less employees. The ODP Corporation (parent company to Office Depot) is the initiative’s founding partner.
GHCC will be providing cash grants of $5,000 to six businesses. In addition to a cash grant, small business mentoring is an essential part of being an Elevate Together recipient. Small businesses selected to receive cash grants must participate in a mentor orientation and three mentorship sessions before receiving funding (though mentorship is intended to be longer-term).
- The applicant must be a small business with 5 or less full-time employees.
- The applicant must be a majority Hispanic or Black-owned business with an active EIN number.
- The business must have been in operation for at least 9 months from the date that you complete grant application.
- The applicant participates in small business education workshops or consultation with the Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- Business must provide a plan for the use of the funds.
- Business must provide a 60 second video introducing themselves and their business and why they are applying for the grant.
- Business must agree, if selected, to take 3 mentoring sessions with Venture Mentoring Team prior to receiving the grant.
- June 3 – 17, 2022
Call for applications
- June 20 – 24, 2022
Selection committee meetings to select cash grant recipients
- June 27 – 30, 2022
Cash grant recipients notified by Hispanic Chamber
- July 1 – 8, 2022
Cash grant recipients receive congratulatory letter with
dates/times for mentor orientation sessions and Elevate Together award toolkits
- July 18 – 22, 2022
Mentoring session for Elevate Together cash grant recipients begin
- November 19, 2022
Deadline for cash grant recipient to complete three mentoring sessions
If you have any questions, please contact Norma Zúñiga-Cardoza at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline to apply is Friday, June 17, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. ET.