Edgar Moreno is a member of the Leadership Team and a part of the second generation of ownership of Ole Mexican Foods, founded 33 years ago by Veronica Moreno. He is largely responsible for developing and executing Ole’s strategic growth plan in addition to leading the sales and marketing teams. His passion lies in understanding Ole’s customer’s goals and budding relationships that are based on trust, transparency, and integrity. Headquartered in Norcross, GA, Ole is a prominent woman-owned enterprise with a minority ownership distinction.
2019 to Present President – Sales and Marketing
Promoted to President of Sales and Marketing for both Retail and Foodservice. Responsible for overseeing sales growth strategy, all marketing and brand strategy initiatives, new product development and distribution.
Working closely as a member of leadership on short-term and long-term strategic initiatives, laying the groundwork for Ole’s immediate and long-term growth objectives. Edgar’s leadership as President of Sales and Marketing has led the company to y-o-y double digit growth with gross revenue exceeding $550 million.
2015 to 2018 President – Foodservice Division
Responsible for leading a team of nine (9) highly energized foodservice sales team executives to double-digit category growth over the last 4 years with sales revenues in 2018 exceeding $120 million to Broadline distributors, as well as Independent Hispanic Specialty distributors.
Managed relationships and all aspects of his teams’ customer base processes to key accounts include Premier, Avendra, Disney, Cheesecake Factory, Brinker (Chili’s), Sysco, US Foods, etc.
Began the initiative (since 2017) to assist in the Ole Retail Division for “cross marketing” synergies with Tabasco and other manufacturing entities.
Provided leadership and support into the Retail Division’s Brands positioning, marketing strategy, sales planning, and product innovation.
2008 to 2014 Vice President – Foodservice Division
Joined the Food Service team, launching its restructure and focus into becoming a recognized leading supplier in the Tortilla Category.
• Added meaningful experienced sales resources
• Spearheaded first divisional kickoff and semi-annual meetings
• Obtained National Account approval to expand into a nationwide supplier
• Increased Food Service brokers from 32 to 44 in 2014.
• Expanded Food Service product portfolio through R&D and market research leading to significant growth and item penetration in new and existing markets. Expansion of product portfolio via adding new production processes and equipment.
• Created internal work teams to focus on “deliverable table stakes” execution to exceed or meet industry expectations in Specifications, Fill Rates, Accurate Invoice Pricing, Increased Communication, Targets and Sales Plan.
• Tested Broadliner “branding initiatives” (2008-2010)
2003 to 2008 Prior to joining and leading the Food Service team, during Edgar’s educational years, he spent several years in the family business in local DSD Routes, warehouse, production, retail sales, and food service sales, mentored and coached by internal managers. This all-encompassing exposure allowed him to gain hands on experience and an understanding of a manufacturing organization top-to-bottom.
Board of Directors: Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (2022)
Education: Kennesaw State University (2004-2009)
Bachelor of Business Administration
Hobbies: Coaching youth Basketball, weight lifting, and spinning.
Marital Status: Edgar resides in Johns Creek, GA with his wife Ashley and their four children, Jaylynn (18), Isabella (15), Kyle (14) and Romeo (12).