About the 2019 UPS Hispanic Leadership Conference
Lead, Learn and Connect
- Each year 4.4 million Latino-owned businesses in the U.S. contribute more than $700 billion into the US economy annually, according the US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- The average annual revenue of Latino-Owned business jumped an impressive 26.5% during the past 12 months, to $327, 189, according to Biz2Credit data
- The number of credit applications from Latino-owned businesses rose 22% over the same period
- The Georgia Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is among the 10 largest Hispanic chambers in the US has supported and transformed thousands of Hispanic business in Georgia for over 35 years
- The GHCC presents every year The Cultivating Hispanic Leadership Conference with topics that are educational and are thought provoking. The Leadership Conference is a conference for leaders with a passion to lead with purpose.
FOUR PILLARS OF LEADERSHIP: FAITH; FAMILY, COMMUNITY AND BUSINESS
Mr. Kuck was named one of the top 5 most Highly Regarded Corporate Immigration Lawyer in the World in 2017 by The International Who’s Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers, as well as one of the top 5 Immigration Thought Leadersin 2017 by Who’s Who Legal, and as one of Georgia’s Legal Elite in 2017. Mr. Kuck has again been named by Atlanta Magazine as a Georgia Super Lawyer in the field of Immigration Law for 2017.
SAMANTHA RAMIREZ HERRERA
Sam is the Founder and CEO of OffThaRecord, a creative content agency. She is also a filmmaker, creative director, mother, feminist and civil rights activist. She is a sought-after speaker on college campuses & universities and at conferences addressing the issues of immigration, gender equality, identity, culture, ethnicity, and diversity and inclusion. As a proud, Mexican-born DREAMer, she is also a vocal advocate of U.S. immigration reform. Sam is one of the main characters of “PinkSlipped”, has appeared on MSNBC’s Hardball with Chris Matthews as well as in Forbes, Mundo Hispanico, AFROPUNK, The Collegian, Chicago Times, The Washington Post’s The Lilly News, Remezcla and more.
Dr. Tommy T. Welch
Instructional Leader/ Principal
Meadowcreek High School
1. Employee Resource Groups (B/ERG)
- Best practices and measurements
- Impacting your corporation, employees and the community
- Prepare for the B/ERG corporate challenge competition
2. Leadership in ActionMODERATOR OF THE PANEL: SOFIA BORK
Engagement Readiness Consultant at SunTrust Bank
- David Schaefer - Managing Director of Advocacy for the Latin American Association.
- Mario Becerra - Cross Keys High School student.
- Alexa Vaca - Political Science student at Kennesaw State University.
- Samuel Aguilar - Georgia Organizing Manager with FWD.us
- Yehimi Cambron - Artist and Educator